What are Jon Gruebele's qualifications as American Mensa Regional Vice Chair 4 (RVC4)?
- Served as RVC4 for the North Central United States and member of the national Board of Directors (AMC) from 2017 to date
- Recipient of the National Chairman's Service Award (2018) and National Certificate of Appreciation (2021)
- As a Region 4 LocSec, helped revitalize an inactive Local Group, ultimately winning national Jewel and Owl awards
- Managed corporate organizations with up to 100 IT (computer) professionals
- Certified expert at implementing process and quality improvements. Saved millions without resulting layoffs
- Facilitated strategy development with the American Mensa Board (AMC) and a Fortune 100 multinational company
- Chair of the AMC Strategy Planning Committee and member of both the Research and Name and Logo Committees. Formerly served on the Leadership Development Committee, Transition Committee, and Event Safety Task Force.
- Past Chair of Mensa International's Strategic Planning Committee
- Twice co-chaired Chicago Area Mensa's 'A Gathering of Gamers' (AGOG) Regional Gathering
- Served on four not-for-profit boards. Besides being RVC4 for American Mensa, Jon is currently President of another, similarly-sized not-for-profit.
- Years of international marketing experience, living and working overseas
- Taught management and statistics for businesses, a not-for-profit, and at a university
- Mensa Proctor since 2010. Tested 50 candidates in 2016 alone.
- Attended LocSec and Leadership Development Workshops (LDWs), and taught several LDWs
- Senior member, American Society for Quality
- Professional member, Association for Computing Machinery
- BS (accounting and management science), MBA (marketing and international business), and MS (computer science)
- Holds a Certificate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace from the University of South Florida Office of Corporate Training and Professional Education
- Lives in downtown Chicago, IL
What's a Regional Vice Chair?
A Regional Vice Chair, or RVC, is a volunteer who serves on American Mensa's Board of Directors (AMC). Each RVC is elected by our members to a two-year term starting July 1 of odd numbered years. There are 10 RVCs across the United States. In addition to the RVCs, the AMC has five nationally elected members (Chair, 1st Vice Chair, 2nd Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer) and four non-voting appointed officers (Communications, Director of Science & Education, Marketing, and Membership). American Mensa's Executive Director and Ombudsman also attend meetings.
Where is Region 4?
Region 4 covers 9 Local Groups across North Central United States: Central Indiana Mensa, Chicago Area Mensa, Heart of Illinois Mensa, Iowa-Illinois Mensa, Mensa of Wisconsin, Minnesota Mensa, Northeast Indiana Mensa, St. Louis Area Mensa, and Sangamon Valley Mensa. These groups cover some or all of these states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin.
Is Region 4 fairly typical?
Region 4 has about the average number of members but is tied for having the fewest number of Local Groups. Its geographic area is also about average.